In person programPurpose-Centred Leadership for Thriving in Community
This Leadership Program includes personal exploration, group activities to practise new knowledge and skills, one-to-one coaching, and reflective learning through both instruction and peer-to-peer support.
Thriving Teams Grow through Purpose-Centred Leadership
Leaders and teams have been through difficult times and need to revitalize in a whole new context.
- Are you craving a team that’s vibrant, collaborative, and impactful?
- Do you wish you could handle difficult workplace situations or change with curiosity and courage?
- Do you lead an amazing team and want to fuel more thriving and inspiration?
If any of this speaks to you, join the Purpose-Centred Leadership Program to inspire energy, creativity, motivation, and productivity and thrive in your community.
Purpose-Centred Leadership Program
Become the most effective leader in your organization and community. Together we will explore:
- Team dynamics
- Conflict; Using differences constructively
- Change readiness and management
- Systems awareness
The program includes personal exploration, and group activities to practice new knowledge and skills, one-to-one coaching, and reflective learning through both instruction and peer-to-peer support.
What it includes:
Develop An Understanding Of Your Leadership Style
5 Days of Group Learning & Experience
Certificate of Completion in Purpose-Centered Leadership Program
Who is this program for?
The training will be high-level, challenging leadership training for:
Assistant Managers or Directors
Leaders in municipal or institutional departments
Emerging leaders seeking to grow into new roles
Full day – September 22nd from 8:30 – 4: 30pm lunch and free admission to the garden during lunch hour
Half days – October 6th & 20th, November 3rd & November 17th from 8:30-12:30pm
Location:Training will be in the beautiful new Nikka Yuko Bunka Centre on the corner of 9th Ave and Mayor Magrath Drive South in Lethbridge Alberta.
- The 24-hour program is spread over 5 days.
- The course begins with a one-day intensive designed to explore self-awareness and personal styles as well as positive personal habits that lend to thriving leadership. This first day includes lunch.
- Each participant is asked to fill out a questionnaire below including a description of any learning goals or challenges. Where possible these challenges will be addressed through one-to-one coaching or depending on the comfort level in a group setting for peer-to-peer sharing.
- The following are 4 half-day modules spread two weeks apart to maximize the absorption, reflection, coaching and practice time.
- Registration will also include a commitment to confidentiality and respect for fellow participants to create a container of trust for safe learning.
- Program will include some time for exploring outdoor spaces, journaling and mindfulness to support your learning.
Save Your Spot
Course Fee: $1,710 plus GST (or only $570 after grant)
Payable in full to Kathy MacFarlane Leadership Consulting via cheque or e-transfer. Paid in full two weeks before the program start as confirmation is required and seating is limited.
This program is eligible for Canada Alberta Jobs Grant which reimburses applicants/employers for 2/3 of the fee, thus reducing the final of the program cost after reimbursement to $570.
The grant program provides reimbursement after proof of payment and course completion. Apply as soon as you know you are interested as grant processing and approval may take approximately one month.
Find all the details at the Canada Alberta Jobs Grant website here.
To register for the Purpose-Centred Leadership Program fill out the application and we will be in touch with more details. Note this is not an application for the Grant. Those who are interested in the grant please still apply for the program and we will provide you the details you need for the grant application.
Note: Members of Volunteer Lethbridge Non-profit Leadership Centre – ask about a special bonus!
About the Presenter
Kathy MacFarlane, MA, CFRE
My Philosophy on Leadership
As humans, we are all interconnected. Each of us has a purpose and is a leader in some capacity. Some people have formal titles and roles, while others lead from beside, behind or below. (Honestly, I’ve never been a fan of those positional metaphors because we all need each other and are part of a living system.) We are doing our best work as leaders when we inspire people to understand themselves and their gifts, to grow those gifts, and use them to serve others and a higher purpose.
- MA in Leadership
- MBTI Certified Practitioner
- Certified Spiritual Intelligence Coach
- Certified Resilience at Work Trainer
- More than 30 years leading non-profit organizations and teams in children’s services, hospital, university and college settings
- Instructor for various professional development and continuing education programs